These will be issued most days over winter with additional chain requirement updates at 4 pm if required
Mount Buffalo is open for regional visitors
Chilly toes and red noses up here most mornings. The road from the Cathedral to Cresta is still normall
icy and chains must often be fitted there, engaged 4WD excepted.
There is a new brightly coloured new Chain Requirement sign at the Park entry you wont miss it
Just a little bit of snow left now on the Cathedral / Hump and Castle hiking tracks, also if you hike high up past the old ski runs at Cresta Valley
Have a lovely day
Ranger Team Ovens Area, Mt Buffalo National Park
Road conditions are icy in the mornings and of an evening
Chains must be carried. Please advise all visitors and friends that a
sign at the park entry is displayed when chains are required. Every
vehicle, whether 2WD or 4WD entering the park
past that point must carry chains if the sign is displayed. We turned
many vehicles away on the weekend as they were not carrying them.
Also, many vehicles are being turned away due to dogs inside.
Dogs are not allowed in national parks.
Please be mindful that there is
no indoor shelter available. Dingo Dell café is open only for toilets, takeaway food and drink service and toboggan hire.
Visitors to manage their social distancing, group size of 10 and if unwell please do not visit
Ranger Team Leader Ovens Area, Mt Buffalo National Park
CHAINS ARE REQUIRED TO BE CARRIED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
4pm Email Update. This only occurs if weather forecasts dictate a change to the requirement to
carry chains at Mt Buffalo.
You may go days before receiving another 4pm
update. Stay tuned.
With the forecast for the North East indicating snow falls for the
coming days, the requirement to carry snow chains at Mt Buffalo has been reinstated from Thursday 2 July.
REQUIRED until further notice.
Staff at Mt Buffalo will continue to monitor weather forecasts and will
only send out a 4pm email when conditions dictate a change to the
requirement to carry chains.
Our daily snow report emails will commence once we
We are unable at the moment to put our snow report on
ski.com.au and will advise where you can check conditions once we have
the issue sorted.
With the recent increase in COVID19 cases the
group size for gatherings is now
Michelle Doherty - Ranger Team Leader Mount Buffalo National Park